In this episode we discuss the broad categories of relationships and different skills that cut across all types of relationships. We discuss the signs of healthy and unhealthy relationships. We define blood relationships as anyone you share DNA with and choice relationships as anyone you have welcomed into your life who does not share DNA with you.
- What are the skills that cut across Blood relationships and Choice relationships
- Communication, Validation, Reciprocity, Willingness to confide, time together.
- How do you know when a relationship is healthy?
- You can feel it in your gut. It feels vibrant, fun, and fulfilling.
- What do you do when you begin to think a relationship is not healthy?
- You feel obligated, burdened, and exhausted spending time with this person. Or you dread spending time with this person.
- If you had to pick a single skill to master to improve all your relationships, what would it be?
- Dr. Azevedo - Validation
- Kim Azevedo - Willingness to confide/trust
Quote of the Day - Alexandra Elle